[Reader-list] surrogate advertising onTenant verification form.

aasim khan aasim27 at yahoo.co.in
Mon Sep 19 19:00:57 IST 2005

hi everyone.

I was just waiting for the news to break on the reader
list!Lo.Taha and Jeebesh,together nailed the anxiety
of the verification form(photocopy) that is being
circulated by landlords.Sarai's counter- surveillance
never disappoints me.

I live in shahpur jat and had filled in the essence of
my rented existence on the form meant to be submitted
at hauz khas thana.

I noticed something quite intriguing on the otherside
of the form which had a list of guidelines that we
must observe for our safety.Among the otherbullet
points ,one read like this:

-We must install an X COP car security lock in our car
to protect it against theft.

And at the bottom of the page was an advertisement of
(guess what)...X COP secutrities.It read as if it was
offically a part of the information provided by the
DElhi Police.Even those behind the surrogate
advertising on the pages of Delhi Times and HT city
would feel embarrased if they saw it.So whats going
on?

Anyways this form did left me really unsettled.Its
implications for the unsuspecting landlord ,who never
revealed his rent-income,is another ironic fall out.

cheers
AA