[Reader-list] Re: reader-list Digest, Vol 26, Issue 31

Koen Martens gmc at sonologic.nl
Sun Sep 25 16:26:22 IST 2005

reader-list-request at sarai.net wrote:
> Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 15:41:38 +0530
> From: V Vivek <viyyer at sarai.net>
> Subject: [Reader-list] Call For Proposal - Sarai/CSDS FLOSS
> 	fellowships
>
> CALL FOR PROPOSAL
> Sarai/CSDS Short Term FLOSS Fellowship, 2005 - 2006.
>
> The Sarai Programme, Centre for the Study of Developing Societies, Delhi
> (www.sarai.net) invites applications for fellowship to projects in the
> area of Free Software, Open Source Software and Social Usage of Software.

		[SNIP]

> Some of the focus areas are:

                [SNIP]

> - Researching on feasibility and implementation of P2P news distribution
> network

                [SNIP]

> Conditions:
> __________
> Applicants should be resident in India, and should have a bank account  in
> any
> bank operating in India.

Ah now that is a pity, i had almost gone for the P2P news
distribution challenge, but unfortunately i am not a resident of
India. We are already playing with the idea of a p2p search engine
by the way
(https://twiki.sonologic.nl/twiki/bin/view/Opensearch/WebHome), to
free ourselves of the power of multimilliondollar companies
controlling current search engines (google, msn, ..), and this would
probably be a good warm-up exercise.

Best regards,

Koen Martens