[Reader-list] a min for the future

Aaditya Dar aadityadar at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 17:04:20 IST 2006

Please sign the petition at:
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/re225495/petition.html<http://www.petitiononline.com/re225495/petition.html>
and forward this mail to your friends, and relatives

Thank you for your cooperation!

for more: http://ecosockmc.blogspot.com

The Government plans to increase the quota of reservations from the
already existing 22.5% to 49.5%, in all central universities and colleges.

This means HALF of the seats would be reserved in the Indian Institute
of Technology (IITs), Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs), All India
Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi University (DU),
Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), national Institute of Fashion Design
(NIFT),
National School of Drama (NSD) and other prestigious institutes.

The move is based on a Mandal Commission Report, which was commissioned
in 1980, which used pre-independence data (1930s) to pen down the
recommendations! Decades have passed since then. While the 'real'
recommendations were not implemented, only the 27% quota was, to gain
political mileage. The announcement has also been timed just before the
eve of elections, when 5 states are going to polls.

If this isn't vote bank politics, then what is this?
Will starving farmers stop committing suicide if their son's and
daughter's are granted reservations in IITs/IIMs?

Why is a Yadav in Bihar is an OBC, but a Yadav elsewhere is not?

Is India a country where we tend to appreciate mediocrity?

Who should sign the petition?

If you are a school student or a student at the university: It cuts
down your chances to get into the above mentioned institutes by 50%

Or even if you are a concerned citizen. At a time when India is eyeing
a position is the global markets, where we can be proud of the alumni of
the IITs, IIMs... etc to having put India on the world map, do we want to
sacrifice this, and compromise on quality education. Do meritious
students deserve this??
The law in the constitution on this has already been amended, but still
all hope is not lost.
Its time we raised our voices and stop as my friend termed it 'the rape of
the silent
electorate'

Sign the petition for your future, for the future of the country.

--
AY+IbAA
aadityadar at gmail.com