[Reader-list] candle light vigil tomorrow

A Khanna s0454533 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Sat Apr 29 15:23:58 IST 2006

CANDLE  LIGHT  VIGIL

Sunday, 30th April 2006
  6:30 PM onwards
  Jantar Mantar

  The violent and forced eviction of people from their natural habitat
  and homes, be it in the Narmada Valley, the slums of Mumbai or Delhi,
  or the adivasi areas of Orissa, is a matter of increasing alarm and
  worry.  It seems to be happening in a more and more systematic,
  calculated and sinister way. The government  is clearly promoting this
  violent neoliberal paradigm of development at the cost of its people.

  We cannot remain silent any more. We will NOT tolerate this violation
  of democracy and human rights any more.

  Peoples' movements and struggles from across the country must come
  together and unite forces to fight this battle against injustice.

   NO MORE FORCED EVICTIONS!!!! NO MORE SLUM DEMOLITIONS!!! NO MORE
  DISPOSSESSION OF PEOPLE FROM THEIR HOMES, LANDS AND LIVELIHOODS!!!

  Come light a candle on 30th April at Jantar Mantar
  to express your
  solidarity with people's struggles for their rights.

Please bring candles along with you to add to the lights of hope.

   From Narmada to Mumbai, from Delhi to Orissa... our struggle is ONE.

  This is a critical issue that concerns each one of us. Democracy is at
  stake.

  We must unite to speak truth to power!! The time is NOW!!

  PLEASE BE THERE!!! PLEASE PASS THIS MESSAGE ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW IN
  DELHI!
                                                              In solidarity,

Delhi Solidarity Group for the NBA and other movements against displacement

for further details and route of march contact any of the following:

Chandralekha Roy  29232515
  insafdelhi at gmail.com <mailto:insafdelhi at gmail.com>  9818030423
  Pramod Kumar 'Anand'  9213140945

               kritian at krititeam.org <mailto:kritian at krititeam.org>