[Reader-list] [Announcements] Needed Research Assistants for a project on LGB mental health

abhinandita mathur abhinanditamathur at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 11:20:27 IST 2006

from Ketki Ranade <rketki at yahoo.co.in>

Dear All,
Hello and greetings from Pune.

I am a practising mental health professional working
at Bapu Trust, Pune (www.camhindia.org)

I am looking for people to work with me on a
fellowship (Health and Population Innovation
Fellowship Programme, Population Council, former
MacArthur Fellowship) awarded to me for one and a half
year to work on health, mental health issues of LGBs.
Anyone interested, please contact me. Also, I would be
grateful, if you are able to circulate this mail among
friends working on similar issue.
Basic info about the project as well as profile of the
research assistants is pasted below.

Thanks
Ketki

Project title – Understanding Health/Mental Health
Needs Of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual Individuals

Project duration – 18 months

Project based at – Bapu Trust for research on mind and
discourse, Pune

Data Collection site – Pune and Mumbai

Research Assistants – Required 2 full-time RAs

Compensation – Rs. 8,000/- p.m.

Funded under – Population Council, Health and
Population Innovation Fellowship Programme

Profile of RAs

Post graduate degree in any of the social sciences

Proficient in written and spoken English and
Marathi/Hindi

Proficiency in basic computer applications

Skills of reading, processing academic materials,
abstract writing etc.

Basic orientation to quantitative and qualitative
research methods

Research experience in mental health/sexuality issues,
preferably both

Contact Details:

Ketki Ranade
Project Leader (Programmes)