[Reader-list] Richard Stallman in Calcutta

Jassim Ali jassim.ali at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 14:16:58 IST 2006

Completely agree here with Kiran,
and a possible reason for the low activity levels in open source could be
that talent prefers the security and comfort of a cushy job in a tech firm
than percieved software activism .....
and come to think of it...whatever be the reason pirated windows is far more
accessible and easier to pickup than opensource ;-)

jassim

On 8/16/06, Kiran Jonnalagadda <jace at pobox.com> wrote:

> On 14-Aug-06, at 5:15 PM, Yogi wrote:
>
> > I am really surprised by the fact that despite all this noise about
> > India and its large number of programmers; open source movement in
> > india is non-existant. This is a sign that all these programmer are
> > nothing more than coding monkeys.. who do not understand anything more
> > than whats immediately before their eyes.
>
> Isn't that a gross generalisation? Shouldn't you instead be examining
> the causes for this apparent non-existence, or, blasphemous as this
> may sound, whether open source in its current form has any relevance
> for India at all?
>
> --
> Kiran Jonnalagadda
> http://jace.seacrow.com/

Jassim Ali

Revolutionist / Poet/ Manager / Prisoner / Escape-artist /
Acrobat / Weaver / Rain Maker / Bio-scope Wallah !

Strategic Planning & Business Development
OMD Digital
Al Thuraya Tower, 19th Floor
Dubai Media City
PO Box 121428, Dubai, UAE

Mobile:       +97150 3425980
Telephone: +9714 360 4182 (direct)
Facsimile:  +9714 36 88 230

Website : www.omd.com
Blog: www.tefloncoatedyuppie.blogspot.com

"Those that danced were thought mad by those who could not hear the music"