[Reader-list] Richard Stallman in Calcutta

Pankaj kaushal penguinhead at linux-delhi.org
Mon Aug 21 16:14:17 IST 2006

Hello Yogi,

Yogi wrote:
> I am really surprised by the fact that despite all this noise about India and its large number
> of programmers; open source movement in india is non-existant.
> This is a sign that all these programmer arenothing more than coding
monkeys..
> who do not understand anything more than whats immediately before their eyes.
> Even some of my so called smart IIT friends still think that Microsoft is the greatest

I think that your understanding of "Open source" and "Free software" and
"open source movement in India" is grossly misinformed.

I think that "IIT friends" and "Software programmers" are not
responsible for writing software for you. If someone writes code for a
company to money and does not want to write free software, it does not
make him a coding monkey. It just makes him a person with a different
opinion.

> thing which has happened to india, because they brought computing the
> common people... but I ask them ... at whatcost? A cage is a cage...
> even if its made out of gold. I think Indian government needs to ban
> the use of proprietary software from all educational institutes.

Bravo! I think you need to get a life, an education and better get a
brain while you're at it.

PS: Please send a list of all free software projects that you contribute
to, I will be more than happy to refer willing students.

P.
--
Wir wollen dass ihr uns alles glaubt.