[Reader-list] airplane returns

Koen Martens gmc at sonologic.nl
Fri Aug 25 15:58:18 IST 2006

Hi All,

It surprises me that it is quiet on this list with regard to a plane
that returned to Schiphol Airport in my country The Netherlands
because the captain was afraid ten partying Indian people were
terrorists.

I think it is exemplifying the irrational fear sweeping through the
west. The reason the captain thought these people were terrorists:
'they were noisy, had large amounts of gsm's and laptops that they
were handing over to each other the whole time, and they swapped
places continuously'. In other words, completely ridiculous reasons
to return a plane (and dump fuel in a lake, even the environment had
to suffer from the irrational fear).

Meanwhile, the 10 Indians were detained for almost a week, and their
stuff (the gsm's and laptops) were taken apart and still not
returned to them.

I sincerely hope the Indian people and/or government will claim
damages from the company and or our government, this is goinf much
too far!

Gr,

Koen