[Reader-list] airplane returns

Koen Martens gmc at sonologic.nl
Sat Aug 26 15:18:09 IST 2006

reader-list-request at sarai.net wrote:
> "I saw 11 Arabic people arrested before I got kicked out the
> plane. They were
> treated like dogs. The way they got arrested inside the plane with
> everyone
> seeing how they got treated, I thought it was inhuman," said a
> passenger.
>
> "They did not hit them but they pushed them. But they let them
> surely
> feel that
> they have no power. The passengers were not allowed to even look
> back. They
> were all told to look in front," recalled another.
>
>http://www.ndtv.com/morenews/showmorestory.asp?category=National&slug=Relieved+passengers+arrive+in+Mumbai&id=92067

I wonder what really happened. Dutch media are now reporting, that
upon coming home at an airport in India, the men claimed 'we were
treated very well by the dutch authorities' and asked the press to
drop the case.

Also, the dutch authorities have been very secretive about what was
really going on. So I wonder what they have done to 'silence' the 12
men. Did they offer them a lot of money? Did they threaten to detain
them longer?

And one thing that does not get enough attention in my opinion is
that the plane dumped a lot of kerosine in a lake before landing.
This has great environmental consequences of which we hear nothing!

Gr,

Koen