[Reader-list] Action and Reaction [Re: Communal harmony]

Sudeep K S sudeep.ks at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 17:50:55 IST 2006

"Vedavati Jogi" <vrjogi at hotmail.com> wrote on Mon, 04 Dec 2006 17:09:03:

> one should not equate hindu & muslim terrorism because,
> 1) most of the times hindu terrorism is the 'reaction'- to muslim t.

  Dear Vedavti,

  Could you please substantiate this claim? I can think of many
counter-examples (incidents where this has not been the case)-- Bombay
riots (to which the Bombay blasts were a "reaction" if you like it
that way) and the Marad incident in Kerala are just two of them.

> 2) moreover hindu terrorist will not 'partition' this country. (i hope every
> body remembers 1947)

   Well, this is an even stronger claim. Please try to tell us what
makes you think so. Or at least try to think over why you believe so.
As far as I understand, we have already suceeded to a great extent in
partitioning the country at least in the minds. [I have refered to it
a couple of times on my online diary,
http://sudeepsdiary.blogspot.com/2006/11/intolerance-and-indigestion.html
http://sudeepsdiary.blogspot.com/2006/10/afzal-zinda-hai.html
http://sudeepsdiary.blogspot.com/2006/10/happy-deepavali-i-miss-month-of-ramzan.html