[Reader-list] [Announcements] Jamghat invites you to Night out on 16th Dec(Saturday) at 1900

Advitiya Sachdev advitiyasachdev at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 16:22:56 IST 2006

Hi friends,

Jamghat invites you to walk into the life of street children around
JAMA MASJID and OLD DELHI AREA. We have undertaken a recent endeavour
of introducing as many people as possible to the life of street
children and sensitizing them to the needs, dangers and fun of being a
street child.

AIM of the project is to generate awareness about street children
living in Delhi and to help them in living a life of their choice in a
healthy way.

The programme shall be undertaken during the night when most of the
people finish off their days work and reccede back to their secure
homes and these children are left alone on the streets to battle
through the evils of night.

Their night life offers them many difficulties rendered through their
exposed surrounding. It is then that their true nature of survivng in
such a non conducive environment is brought to life.
We shall interact with them and increase our awareness about them and
their life. The main objective is to understand the difficulty and
pleasure of being a street child.

The venue for everybody to meet would be outside Golcha Cinema hall at
1900 on 16th December (Saturday). We shall be meeting for 3hrs. All
are requested
to come with arrangements made for their return.
The programme schedule is as folllows:

1900~1915   -   Meeting of all the participants
1915~1930   -   Walk around the premises and briefing
1930~2000   -   Interaction among all the participants
2000~2200   -   Studying the various problems on the streets while
walking in an interactive manner.

After that all the people struck by hunger can stay to enjoy the
delicacies of the unseen dhabas around Old Delhi and a further
discussion and feedback.
Nobody is barred to join us so please feel free in spreading the word
around.

If you can attend the meeting please send a confirmation via email to
jamghat03 at yahoo.co.in
or
call/sms
AMIT 9818705715
ROHIT 9873171975
KAIVALYA 9871769890
VINOD 9891857511
VINAY 9873252523

Please visit our blog www.jamghat.blogspot.com and post your comments.
If you would like to write something based on your experiences that
evening or through your interactions with the various people of
Jamghat, or if you would like to write about your experiences related
to working with children, especially street children, please email us
at jamghat03 at yahoo.co.in

Thank you.

Warm regards
Jamghat's Team