[Reader-list] Buff or beef?

Tapas Ray t.ray at vsnl.com
Wed Dec 27 19:57:32 IST 2006

Peace be with you, Aman, and thank you for sharing that Salon piece.

We, the peaceful fish, cow, fermented soya bean, buffalo, goat, spinach,
sheep, swine, dog (yes, dog), deer (illegally), pike (illegally), pigeon,
chicken, larvae (yes, larvae), snail, snake gourd, and maybe snake eaters of
India, gave ourselves on the twenty-sixth day of November, 1949, that
admirable document
which did not bar us from eating anything or anyone. However, we have never
mistaken
liberty for licence, and (hopefully) stooped so low as to feed ducks with
tubes. We have always killed peaceably, in a humane manner. That is the
difference between Asoka's India and New Jersey, Garden State of America,
aka America's armpit on account of the smells emanating from its varied
chemical factories.

So please join me in condemning those insensitive wannabe-French Americans
of New York, not to speak of the French themselves - although they are so
anti-American and so philosophical and so postmodern, maybe even
postpostmodern - who can be so cruel to ducks for a moment's gastronomic
pleasure.

Peace!

Tapas