[Reader-list] kismet

mahmood farooqui mahmood.farooqui at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 09:23:19 IST 2006

Doston,

The following is a short film made by a group of friends in
collaboration with some homeless kids of Kusumpur Pahari...You can
catch a glimpse of it here...and wonder why the children insisted on
calling their film Kismet...

Mahmood..

Greetings friends and family:
We have made our first short film which is actually 15 minutes long,
but an even shorter version is available for viewing at the following
link:

http://medialab.ifc.com/film_detail.jsp?film_id=317

If our film receives enough viewing and votes, it will be shown on the
IFC TV channel, so we are requesting our friends and family to view
and vote.  Please view and vote.

The film is called Kismet and was scripted by homeless kids in Delhi
who also act in it.

We are focussed on making films about social issues, with motivational
and hopeful messages.  This activity is part of our over all goal of
making opportunities available to impoverished children.  The films
help raise awareness.  We are trying to set up permanent programs that
provides education and career guidance until the kids get their first
non-subsistence job.  Please visit us at www.eato.org to learn more
about our efforts.

Many thanks
Regards