[Reader-list] About the Current state of Electronic News Media in India.

BHAVYA SRIVASTAVA foryou2005 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 11:27:19 IST 2006

One world : One India

A dilemma, a confusion and the notion our Electronic media portray is a
uncluttered synchronisation. I, eventually assume how the western media
develop it, to compete the exact competition of luring. The breed of Indian
Broadcasters has base in journalism and they sometime show their
capabilities on screen to unleash the potential of any issue. But who think
twenty years before that a tide of information sweeps the world. Today
Indian viewer has 200+ channels. And he is really confused. What his choice
and what is temting. Cultural imbalance is clearly shown in the viewing
pattern. Like in north the viewer like entertainment with glamour and some
illusion. North gives the India most selling newspapers, but in the case of
Television they are not so enthusiastic to perplex their choices. Though
some production houses seem to catch the nerve and try to fill the dreams
with some overburden serials. But as Sociology and human psychology says
that you want to dream, what you have not. And this is true in the case of
eyecatching serials. Well the Western Indian is not very different in
pattern, but the zoom in-out culture gives them some class. They are much
more live in terms of work and lifestyle. They need slice version with
butter and cheeze. Though the targeted serials of Indian psyche has oftenly
narrated the west society to show that this is what India want. But when the
feedback system in India is in nascent age and the viewer just get the On
demand movie scheme, how can he say that this is absurd and not my choice of
programme. The media also portary a dormant role. Some TV magazine and
column on media activities are only tell that this is what we see last
week/month. And he is the queen and king…lets talk some words. So the viewer
has no clue how he say. TRP and TVR is clearly market driven indices. So
question them didn't gave the answer. If you got trend of South and East,
you saw a regional tendency and a bunch of regional centric channels are
already there to serve the sentiments. East has solid feeling towards there
identity and choices. They resent sometime on the image  media play. So the
better is that, the mainstream media never indulge the region in good
entertainment. South is very choosy. They like movies, songs and news.But in
their language. Some English channels may have some representation, but the
market rein by regional players. So in a broad face the whole India is not
integrated in terms of media culture. So the broadcaster has big challenge
to make a one world.

bhavya.s at etv.co.in