[Reader-list] Re: [Urbanstudy] safeguarding municipal councils in Protesting against water privatisation among other 'reform' efforts

Pankaj kaushal penguinhead at linux-delhi.org
Tue Feb 28 17:29:05 IST 2006

Dear Anant,

anant m wrote:
> solly,
> i dont know if you wanted this feedback within a
> timeframe.  i agree with the overall framework. but we

I was tempted to top post, include the whole 100 people in your "To:"
list and cross-post this to several different news groups, but I'm not
feeling all that well today.

I might have used my favorite cop-out, "I dont' argue with idiots" but,
then again, if I do not do this, who will?

Maybe, you are not aware but, you are breaking a major netiquette by
mentioning all these people in your To: list. Not to mention, infringing
on the privacy of all those who gave their email address to you. You
see, it is highly probable that many of those on your list will not like
their email address available to the rest of the people on your "To:"
plus the entire audience of the reader-list.

The purpose of including a specific person in the To list is to specify
that the mail is addressed to that person (note the To line in this
mail).  The Cc list specifies people who need to know what's happening,
but aren't directly addressed in the message (note the Cc line in this
mail).  I hope the usage of other mail headers is apparent enough to not
require clarification.

Please do not mass include people in the To: or CC: field it is horribly
rude. If It is required to send mass emails use the BCC: option.

Cheers!
P.
--
Wir wollen dass ihr uns alles glaubt.