[Reader-list] I-Fellow Rajesh Mehar: Introductory Posting

rajesh mehar rajeshmehar at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 18 13:11:37 IST 2006

Hi all,

This is the customary first post by me, Rajesh Mehar, one of the fellows of the Sarai Independent Fellowship, 2006. I am both nervous and flattered to be a part of what has come to be a crucial stepping stone for quite a few people. I live in Bangalore, am 25 years old, have a corporate MNC day-job, and fantasize about returning to my fulltime-musician lifestyle of 3 years (2002 to 2005).

The title of my research research project is Exploring notions of creative ownership among contemporary musicians in India. I will reduce the burden on your inboxes by pointing you to the blog that I've created to track my thoughts and findings through these next 6 months.

You can find a short description of the project itself at the userinfo page --> http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=whosemusic

You can find the actual posts themselves, within the journal --> http://www.livejournal.com/community/whosemusic/

I will leave you with a point to ponder about, related to the area that my research hopes to delve into:

If there was one (and only one) name that you could associate with the song, All Along the Watchtower, who would you choose, and why? (http://www.livejournal.com/community/whosemusic/696.html)

That's it for now. Have a peaceful month.

Regards,
Rajesh.

Gonna make a lot o'money, gonna quit this crazy scene.