[Reader-list] Dilip D'Souza, first posting

zainab at xtdnet.nl zainab at xtdnet.nl
Sat Jan 21 11:43:29 IST 2006

Dear Dilip,

I cursorily ran through your idea of the fellowship project. Just a quick
comment. I am not exactly sure at this point where you will be getting
to/at through the process and period of six months, but an important
things to think through is not just the humanity aspect of the city, but
aspects of local relationships, systems and practices which are being
transformed in the making of the global city - what are these local
relationships? why are they important that is if they are at all? what
happens in the making of the global city?

Focussing exclusively on the humanity aspect makes things very
mushy-mushy, romantic and teary eyed which is something that I consciously
avoid in my methodology and processes of research.

Cheers,
Zainab