[Reader-list] Pehli Posting

mahmood farooqui mahmood.farooqui at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 15:26:39 IST 2006

Dear Vasundhra,

Looking greatly forward to your findings--would you agree that there
is a difference between dancing extras-now known as dancer boys and
girls-and the actors/artists who acted as extras...the rise of a new
kind of dance instructor and new kinds of dancing schools would
obviously have affected those extras as we now want 'fair and
polished' faces in our beautiful films...

So people who formed part of the crowd in say, Amitabh's inteha ho
gayi song in Sharaabi would today perhaps be unacceptable for a saif
number...

and what about the crowd suppliers-people who provide numbers in
throngs for crowd scenes...how is that affecting the extras life..

and lastly, where does the once powerful junior artiste association
fit into all this-how does a junior artiste differ from an extra?

Are you based in Bombay?

Cheers,
Mahmood