[Reader-list] Fw: [Asiasource-l] Announcement of creative-commons licensed book on wireless

Guntupalli Karunakar karunakar at randomink.org
Fri Jan 27 19:33:10 IST 2006

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 10:05:10 +0100
From: Tomas Krag <t at wire.less.dk>
To: africasource2-l at lists.tacticaltech.org,
africasource-l at lists.tacticaltech.org, Asia Source
<asiasource-l at lists.tacticaltech.org>, Summer Source
<summersource-l at lists.tacticaltech.org> Subject: [Asiasource-l]
Announcement of creative-commons licensed book on wireless

Hi all,

(first of, apologies for cross-posting, to those of you on multiple
source event lists.)

Together with a group of my friends and colleagues, I have been
working on a book specifically about wireless networking for the
developing world. After 4 months of work, we are proud to announce
the completion of a 250-page free book, jam-packed with information
about building wirelss networks in the developing world.

The book is available from the website here: http://wndw.net/
and the press release for the announcement is here:
http://wndw.net/news.html

It's available as a free download in pdf format, and there's the
option of ordering printed copies from a print-on-demand site in the
US. We are currently negotiating with publishers and others to try
and get the book printed and published, so keep an eye open for news
on the website.

cheers and happy end-of-january

/tomas

Event info: http://www.tacticaltech.org/asiasource/