[Reader-list] Query regarding a phrase/proverb

Rahul Asthana rahul_capri at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 28 23:52:56 IST 2006

Google tells me the whole shloka is -"Vidya dadati
vinayam / Vinayat yati patratam / Patra dhanamapnoti /
yatra dhanam tatah sukham." (Learning brings modesty;
from modesty comes good character; a person with
goodness and politeness earns wealth and where there
is wealth, there is happiness.)
It also tells me its from panchtantra.