[Reader-list] Michael Aram Exports workers' struggle: good news

Jeebesh Bagchi jeebesh at sarai.net
Mon Jan 30 10:48:21 IST 2006

Dear friends,

I am very happy to inform you that the twenty Michael
Aram Exports workers along with Ramdev's widow, Shibu
Devi, were appointed this week as permanent employees
of Michael Aram's new, operational company, MA Design
India Private Limited, Okhla Industrial Area Phase I.
They received appointment letters in hand, along with
back wages, bonuses, dearness allowance arrears, and
other due payments, on January 25, 2006.

Michael Aram is seeking to put these workers back to
work ideally within a revitalized version of their
former unit, B156, or else at a proximate and as yet
undetermined factory site.  Please check
www.justiceforworkers.org for updates on this
transition process.

May I express my deep thanks to all of you for your
advice, empathy, support, and encouragement throughout
this struggle.

Sincerely,

Shankar Ramaswami
Ph.D. Candidate