[Reader-list] Request for support

Naresh Kumar naresh.rhythm at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 13:05:55 IST 2006

Hi everybody,
I am NareshKumar and as Sarai fellow I am working on "the festival of
music in the city of sports-Harballabh Sangeet Mela of Jalandhar".
Along with a paper I am planning to make an audio-documentary.
For taking interviews and field-recordings I use tape-recorder. But
it's a very difficult job to transfer the data on computer from
cassette. So, I'm looking for a digital recorder with computer
connectivity. Please, let me know about any such device, which is
handy, reasonable and easy to operate. Let me tell you one thing more
that I am visually challenged. So please see if any device is
available with key-beeps as we have in mobile phones. Because the
things which I've seen so far don't have this facility. Then selecting
the mode, retrieval etc become slightly difficult. Moreover, beep
assures you that recording has begun. I hope that I would definitely
find some solutions to my problem.
Kindly enrich me with whatever you have for sharing- any book or
article on any music-festival, your own experiences about concerts as
an audience, any theoretical insight on emerging public sphere and
most important, your valuable comments.
Bye and have a nice day