[Reader-list] [Announcements] Open Mic/Open Screen

aarti aarti at sarai.net
Tue Jul 4 15:20:35 IST 2006

=====================================================================================================
Open Mic / Open Screen: An evening of Film, Video, Audio, Poetry, Spoken Word, Prose and Performance
=====================================================================================================

14th July 2006, Friday, 6:00 P.M.
Sarai Interface Zone
29 Rajpur Road
Civil Lines
Delhi - 110054

The 5th Sarai Open Mic, and the 1st in our new cycle of 2006 events, is
finally here! For those who have not attended them before, how it works
is, everyone gets 1 - 10 minutes to screen/play video/audio works, and
read/perform text based work. You can share video, audio,poetry, spoken
word, a short prose piece, a performance, singly or in groups, in any
language (though do be prepared to translate for those uninitiated  :)  The
screening/performance is decided on a first-come-first-serve basis.

Films, Video and Audio pieces should be between 1- 10 minutes long, and on
DVD/VCD/CD format only. Alternatively you can also pipe from a laptop. You
can share a complete work, parts of a work, a work in progress, even
stills, in B/W and or colour.

This time, while we will stay with our usual "bring-what-you-wish" ethic,
we also have a special one hour thematic feature on -

"Permament Address and Perpetual Motion: Dwelling In Delhi": what are the
ways in which we can think through inhabiting this city we call "home"?

Featured Performances/Screenings:

- Nangla Maachi Lab, Cybermohalla

- Aman Sethi: News of the World and Other Stories from Bara Tutti

- Umang Bhattacharya: Curious Green

- Anand V. Taneja: Letters to the Lord of the Djinns.

- Gautam Bhan, Nigah Media Collective

You can choose to address our theme for the evening, or not, and bring
whatever you wish. Do come, to participate and listen, tell your friends
and share an evening with us!

Write to aarti at sarai.net for further details.