[Reader-list] views on the practice of homosexuality in the Muslim society

Franciska Lambrechts franciska at skynet.be
Fri Jul 28 01:59:47 IST 2006

Sodoma and Gomorra comes from the Thora which ànd christianity ànd
islam are based on. The pope in Rome has only recently sent a message
to the world condemning homosexuality, in the centre of Europe there is
hardly anyone who cares much about his opinions and I suppose this
rather added to the feeling he's an anachronism though in other parts
of the world his ideas might have a bigger impact. Oscar Wilde on the
other hand was on trial in 1895 in London by a secular court on charges
of homosexuality and spent two years in prison. I don't think it's a
good idea to stare yourselves blind on religion, religion can
institutionalize ways of thinking of course. I guess that in general
every sort of sexuality that doesn't even pretend to be reproductional
has been looked at with suspicion, the survival of the sort. It's maybe
more interesting to find out in which circumstances the suspicion turns
aggressive. And be careful not to get pedophilia and homosexuality
mixed up.