[Reader-list] 'Striking AIIMS docs live in a glass house'

Shuddhabrata Sengupta shuddha at sarai.net
Tue Jun 6 21:55:56 IST 2006

Dear all, especially Pankaj

I am grateful to Pankaj Kaushal for having pointed out to me my error in
assuming that Brigadiers are senior to Generals. It shows how ignorant I
am of the protocol and chain of command in the military, something I
shall promise to recompense for by studying the arcana of the chain of
command.

In the light of Pankaj's timely correction, I should amend my proposal,
the 'General' category should be upgraded to the 'Field Marshall', I
take it, that barring the post of the C-in-C, which happens to be
reserved for the president of the Republic, one can go no higher. Is
this true?

yours corrected,

Shuddha