[Reader-list] Conflict versus Violence

ritika at sarai.net ritika at sarai.net
Tue Jun 20 20:34:59 IST 2006

Yogi, anant and zainab..

if its really about providing solutions - there can be too many - if we
really want to help: call up the people from society for prevention towards
cruelty towards animals..which means keep the phone nos like these handy!!
I try and keep tofees in my purse and give it to boys and girls who come
begging..is it a solution? i don't know. Lot of people say don't give money
to beggars - they'll waste in drinking. So? How come our spending of money
on booze is 'lifestyle/luxury' and their drinking is 'not justified?' yes
one can give a moral argument and say - begging is bad...but i don't even
know how this person came to the city? maybe he was in debt in village,
maybe coca cola sucked up all the water and no water was left in his
village to till the soil, maybe the governemnt policy of reducing subsidy
spoilt to buy seeds, no (urban) doctors wanting to work in the villages...

irresponsible, insensitive, random