[Reader-list] Practical Ethics issues in Computing & Technology

Jamie Dow jamie.dow at pobox.com
Wed May 3 01:53:45 IST 2006

Dear list members,

I wondered if there is anyone out there who can help me - I thought Sarai
might be just the place, with quite a strong ethics & values streak to it,
and likewise a strong computing theme.

I need to gem up on Practical Ethics issues in Computing Science.
I'd be interested in anyone's top 10 (or top 5) ethical issues within the IT
or Computing Science sector.

Are there any good sites on the web for this? Any recommendations?

Are there any issues that tend to be "standard fare" on ethics courses
related to IT, but which you think are really not substantial ethical
issues? Perhaps conversely any ethical issues in this kind of technology
which are regularly ignored when people talk about ethics in computing?

Feel free to answer on- or off-list, depending on how much list traffic
there is!
Thanks in advance,
Jamie

Jamie Dow
Tel: +44 131 467 2115 Mob: +44 7801 033499
Email: jamie.dow at pobox.com
Web: www.jamiedow.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk