[Reader-list] Kalyanji-Anandji get US award, Prashant Pandey

Gabriela Vargas-Cetina gabyvargasc at prodigy.net.mx
Sun May 21 23:10:18 IST 2006

One observation: the song Besame Mucho is not Italian, but Mexican.  It is
an old bolero composed by poet and song writer Consuelo Velázquez in 1940,
that was later translated and sung in English by many artists and groups,
including the Beatles.

Luis Miguel sings it in Spanish in one of his Bolero albums, where he takes
old boleros and adapts them into ballads.

Gabriela Vargas-Cetina