[Reader-list] Re: reader-list Digest, Vol 34, Issue 51

divya manian divya.manian at gmail.com
Mon May 29 15:19:03 IST 2006

> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 18:22:35 +0530
> From: "rakshat hooja" <rakshat at gmail.com>
>
> I was initially surprised when I, for the first time, carefully looked at
> the list of RWA main office bearers of the colony where I am living in a
> rented accommodation (C9 Vasant Kunj) and found no women members. But I
> was
> even more surprised by my findings when I conducted informal interviews in
> the Kalkaji Extension area (Pocket A 14).

It is true in Chennai as well. I grew up in a "flat" that was a part of the
Flat Owners Association. The people with maximum complaints were the ladies
but none of them were even on the board. It seems they would rather
influence the decisions by their husbands rather than be vocal on a formal
association.

My mother hesitantly stepped in but gave up after she was confronted by the
"men".

Regards,
Divya
http://nimbupani.com