[Reader-list] Global Voices Delhi Summit: December 16, 2006

geert lovink geert at desk.nl
Sun Nov 5 02:27:39 IST 2006

Global Voices Delhi Summit: December 2006

http://www.globalvoicesonline.org/global-voices-delhi-summit-december
-2006/

Please join us for the Global Voices 2006 Summit, December 16th in New
Delhi, India!

WHAT: Global Voices Online is an award-winning online portal and guide
to international blogs beyond North America and Western Europe. It has
also become the hub of a growing community of international bloggers
who want to build a better global conversation.

The Global Voices Summit, on December 16th, will be our annual
opportunity to take stock, come together and explore our central
question: How can we use the Internet to build a more democratic,
participatory global discourse? How can we create a more inclusive
conversation about what is happening on our planet, and how human
beings in different parts of the world are impacting each other in
countless ways we don’t realize every day?

This year we also hope to address two further questions:

- How do we bring more unheard, ignored, or disadvantaged voices into
the global online conversation?
- How do we help people speak and be heard - even when powerful people
try to stop them from doing so?

WHO: Global Voices editors, contributors, community members, interested
bloggers and journalists. Basically, anybody who is interested in what
it means for media, geopolitics, and global society when the whole
world starts talking online. Click here to see who is already committed
to attend.

WHEN: 9am-5:30pm IST, Saturday December 16th, 2006
  (A smaller private planning meeting will be held for GV editors and
authors only on Sunday the 17th.)

HOW: If you’d like to join us, please add your name to the sign-up wiki
here.

WHERE: At the Indian Habitat Centre (Please note that space is very
limited, so you’ll want to sign up well in advance if you wish to
attend - first come, first served.)

  ONLINE: If you can’t make it in person, please join us online via
webcast and live chat. We will be posting more information on this page
about how to do so as the time approaches

FOR MORE INFO ABOUT PAST GLOBAL VOICES SUMMITS:

Global Voices 2005 London Summit:
Here is our summary of last year’s meeting in London. Read articles
about it in the Guardian and openDemocracy, an academic paper about us
by the Center for Social Media, and a video titled “Many to Many” which
includes footage from our London Summit.

Global Voices 2004 Harvard Meeting: where Global Voices was born!
Click here for an MP3 audio report about the 2004 meeting.
  Or read this report at Personal Democracy Forum: International
Bloggers Start Connecting the Dots

Show Off!
With our cool badges. Available in general and “I’m Attending” flavors!