[Reader-list] [Urbanstudy] traders protest in Delhi and where sociolgical definations fail

zainab at xtdnet.nl zainab at xtdnet.nl
Thu Nov 9 18:52:09 IST 2006

Dear Anant, Dr. Benjamin, Ravi and others,

A question which I am interested in is this: the attempt is to bring
liquid, floating cash into institutionalized structures. So you have the
SC saying no more commercial shops running in houses - shut shop! Now what
is this attempt at bringing in cash/moeny from 'informal sector' doing to
subjectivity?

Secondly, what role is the court playing in this age of urban politics?
Are courts now beyond classic rights?