[Reader-list] [Announcements] Invitation for Submissions: Birds Eye View Film Festival

The Sarai Programme dak at sarai.net
Thu Nov 16 10:56:03 IST 2006

Dear Sir/ Madam I’m writing from the Birds Eye View Film Festival in
London www.birds-eye-view.co.uk. We’re a women’s film festival
screening international features, documentaries and short films at
London’s leading film venues – the National Film Theatre and the
Institute of Contemporary Arts. We are interested in any films made
by women and would be delighted if you would distribute this email to
your members so they could consider submitting to us. Past
contributors have included internationally award-winning documentary
maker Kim Longinotto, Martha Fiennes (UK), Jocelyne Saab (Lebanon),
Xiao Jiang (China), Oscar-winning Andrea Arnold, oscar-shortlisted
Shelley Saywell, Sundance winning Heather Lyn MacDonald, British
artist Tracey Emin, and some of the most exciting emerging women
filmmakers from around the world.

“World cinema straight from the hearts and souls of women. Cutting
Edge, Urgent, Now!” Bonnie Greer (Playwright and Critic) “An
Important Celebration of Women Filmmakers” The Independent

“Good exposure in a well publicised Festival… As BEV’s reputation is
growing so fast, this is a great event to be part of.”  – Magali
Charrier, director “The Space Between Us” (short film) “If this is
what being a bird is, I’m proud to be one” – Joanna Lumley

The 2007 Birds Eye View Film Festival will launch with a Gala
screening on International Women’s Day (March 8th) at the National
Film Theatre (www.bfi.org.uk), presented by a leading UK celebrity
(past presenters have included Juliet Stevenson, Meera Syal, Jerry
Hall, Fiona Shaw..). We will continue in the prestigious Institute of
Contemporary Arts (www.ica.org.uk), closing with an Awards Party on
Tuesday March 14th. CompetitionAwards will be presented to Best Short
Drama, Best Short Animation, Award for Innovation and Best Film.
Further awards tbc. I’d be delighted if you could send us a screening
copy of your film (preferably DVD but VHS is also acceptable), with
press pack and stills (on CD/DVD) to: Birds Eye ViewUnit 310a,
Aberdeen Centre,22-24 Highbury GroveLondonN5 2EA Our deadline is
December 3rd, so it would be great to receive a screening copy as
soon as possible. If you have any queries you may find the answers
here www.birds-eye-view.co.uk/contact_2.htm otherwise please feel
free to email me.

Kind regards,
Leila Jordan