[Reader-list] New publication: Migration unbound (2)

P.Hatzopoulos at lse.ac.uk P.Hatzopoulos at lse.ac.uk
Mon Nov 20 15:13:50 IST 2006

Hello,

a special issue which might be of interest.

Best,

PH

New publication: Migration unbound (2

New online journal Re-Public <https://exchange.lse.ac.uk/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.re-public.gr/en/>  has just published the second part of its special issue "Migration unbound". The issue explores the potential challenges that international migrations represent for the development of new forms of democratic theory and practice. Articles include:

Didier Bigo - At the limits of the liberal state: The answers to the terrorist threat <http://www.re-public.gr/en?p=76>

Didier Bigo analyses the growing suspicion suspicion towards foreigners or citizens of Muslim origin after September 11.

________________________________

Misha Glenny - The geographies of transnational organised crime <http://www.re-public.gr/en?p=81>
Misha Glenny talks on his forthcoming book on transnational organised crime.
________________________________

Mark LeVine - Who forms the "new we"? A response to Ramadan <http://www.re-public.gr/en?p=82>

Responding to Tariq Ramadan's manifesto for a new "we", Mark Levine opens up the question of who this "we" is today.

Helen Kambouri - Hospitality and the reception of the stranger <http://www.re-public.gr/en?p=83>
Helen Kambouri argues that hospitality is a "democratic relation" among non-citizens.

Claudia Aradau - Trafficking in women: Security and democratic subjects <http://www.re-public.gr/en/?p=64>

Aradau explores the possibilities of the claim of prostitution-as-work.

All articles are published with a Creative Commons license and can be re-printed freely, by acknowledging their original source.