[Reader-list] Fw:Cycle tour update

Karen Coelho kcoelho at email.arizona.edu
Thu Nov 30 11:20:41 IST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: <narayanshweta at vsnl.net>
To: <remember-bhopal at lists.studentsforbhopal.org>
Cc: <youthforsocialchange at googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2006 9:49 AM
Subject: {Youth for Social Ch Cycle tour update

Since the launch and their cycle tour in Cuddalore the participants have
witnessed the beauty and the exploitation of this beautiful coastal land.
Simultaneously there have been massive awareness activities launched in
Chennai to inform the citizens about the “1000 Bhopals”, as we call it, in
our own backyards. We bring to you the latest updates from the cycle tour
and Chennai.

Day 2 – First milestone, Pondycherry
– As reported by Nityanand Jayaraman
The day stated as usual, two cycles broke down and had to be loaded onto the
car and sent to Semankuppam for repairs. The trip to Semankuppam was
excellent we were in the right time for pamphleteering, it was morning time
and people were either at bus stops leaving for work or having their morning
tea.
http://www.sipcotcuddalore.com/updates_291106c.html

Renowned Tamil poetess Kanimozhi inaugurates 1000 Bhopals photo exhibition
The inauguration of the 1000 Bhopals exhibition at Lalit Kala Akademy was a
great success. We had Ms. K. Kanimozhi, renowned poetess and daughter of
Tamilnadu Chief Minister Mr. K. Karunanidhi inaugurate the exhibition.
http://www.sipcotcuddalore.com/updates_291106b.html

Cyclist discover the beauty of Puduchatram, the proposed location for the
SIMA textile park
Update Day2: 29 November 2006, morning from Puduchatram
>From Nity: We set off for our next destination to Cuddalore New Town at 7:30
am half hour past the scheduled time. Some of us were up at 4 am to fulfil
the morning duties while others not so keen on attending the call woke up at
6.
http://www.sipcotcuddalore.com/updates_291106.html

Cycle tour flagged off successfully by local leader Kolathur Mani
Report From Nity: DAY 1, 11:00 pm
We set off on schedule at 11.00 am and the first cycle crisis occurred
within 20 meters of the start. We got cycle fixed at Old Town, Cuddalore and
carried on. Earlier the flag off was good with a decent media response.
http://www.sipcotcuddalore.com/updates_281106.html

For more details and photographs visit www.sipcotcuddalore.com

Audio clips direct from the cycle tour will be soon uploaded on the website.

youthforsocialchange-unsubscribe at googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/youthforsocialchange