[Reader-list] INDIA'S FIRST LOCAL INTERNET SEARCH ENGINE

t.ray at vsnl.com t.ray at vsnl.com
Fri Oct 13 19:10:00 IST 2006

Shivam,

I am an IIT-an, among other things. I say "other things" to stress the point that I have not confined myself to being an IIT-an and all that it entails in the popular imagination. For many years now, I have not even been an engineer ... and no, not a management guy either.

That said, let me ask you what exactly is objectionable in trying to find India-related content on the web. Why exactly is it parochial? I suppose you have used Google. Have you noticed that the home page of Google India has an option up front that says "pages from India"? Is that parochial? If not, why? Because Google is an American company?

Maybe I am missing something here. Could you help me understand the logic?

Also, could you please explain what you mean by "another IITan publicity stunt"?

Tapas Ray