[Reader-list] the DANUBE tele lectures

venzha christ venzha at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 4 00:01:27 IST 2006

http://www.donau-uni.ac.at/en/studium/fachabteilungen/kultur/zentren/zbw/veranstaltungen/archiv/06846/index.php

  live streaming in Yogyakarta, Indonesia

  www.natural-fiber.com/news_danube.html

  http://www.natural-fiber.com/news_danube.html

the house of natural fiber, yogyakarta new media art laboratory
www.natural-fiber.com
  the DANUBE TELE LECTURES
  Danube University Krems, Department of Cultural Studies
  6 + 7 sept 2006, 1.30 AM at RamaNet,
Seturan 14, Yogyakarta, Indonesia
  5 + 6 sept 2006, 7.30 PM at Kino im Kesselhaus (Cinema),
Österreichische Filmgalerie (Austrian Film Gallery), Austria
  Early September the Center for Image Science/Department of Applied Cultural Studies at Danube University Krems, under the direction of Univ.-Prof. Dr. Oliver Grau, will start a new international lecture series with prominent scientists of our time. The lectures will be presented worldwide by live online streaming technology.
  September 5:
"DOES THE WEST STILL EXIST?"
Presentations by and debate with Sarat Maharaj and Machiko Kusahara
Hollywood, computer games, net and media art, micromovies, new devices
 images are undergoing a new internationalization never known before, and are increasingly being charged as a vehicle of ideologies and worldview. Seemingly bygone clashes between image opponents and image believers are reanimated in contemporary media to include all areas of art, science, politics and economy - now on a global scale. Can we still speak of images of the west today? Do we witness the arousal of a global visual language enriched universally by the various cultures, or are we at the brink of an ‘image war’, representing extremes between the old and new economic powers and their visual culture?
  September 6:
“PYGMALION TENDENCIES: Bioart and its Precursors”
Presentations by and debate with Gunalan Nadajaran and Jens Hauser
Art and the natural sciences are forming a new interconnection that is closer than in past centuries. Recent developments in art such as Bioart, Techno-art, Genetic or Transgenic Art bring artists into the scientific laboratories and carry their visions to the general public. Not only do artists work cross-pollinated, they also create new creatures, frequently revealing spectacular spaces of reflection on new possibilities. International experts discuss these tensions oscillating between body and nature on one hand and artificial life and illusion on the other - none the least, in their historical contexts.

the house of natural fiber, yogyakarta new media art laboratory
  info and contact :
venzha
mobile 0817468621
fax 0274 564276