[Reader-list] Toronto Latin American New Media Exhibition

Ah_Ek Ferrera_Balanquet ektenel at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 30 20:37:46 IST 2006

DIGITAL EVENT(O) presented
by E-FAGIA.

E-Fagia organization presents:

Toronto Latin American New Media Exhibition
Digital Evento
www.e-fagia.org
September 20th to October 1st
Gallery 1313

1313 Queen Street West, Toronto, www.g1313.org
Gallery hours: Wednesday-Sunday 12-6pm
Opening Reception: Thursday September 21st 6-10

ARTISTS ON ATTENDANCE AT THE GALLERY: SATURDAY 30th 6-8pm

Webcam performance, Tania de la Cruz 6pm

Digital Evento is a selection of interactive projects and web art,
reflecting on the concept of "transformation", a term used to
dimension the possibilities of digital media and their connection and
interaction with the environment and the concept of reality.  The show
will be supported by a series of theoretical insights about art in the
Internet era.

Website: www.e-fagia.org/event.html
Curated by: Arlan Londoño
Assitant Curators: Jorge Marulanda and María José Arbeláez

Atists– Taira Liceaga, Patricio Dávila, Claudia Bernal, Tania de la
Cruz, Colibrí Collective, Zot'z Collective, Jorge Lozano, Sinara Rozo,
Guillermina Buzio, Diana Cadavid, Álvaro Girón, Lina Rodríguez,
Alexandra Gelis, Julieta María, Jorge Albán, Regina Pinto, Sara
Malinarich, Eugenio Tisselli, Raúl Moarquech Ferrera-Balanquet, Marina
Zerbarini, Antonio Mendoza.

We will also launch the new edition of our web Magazine Disfagia that
includes the project Sub-version, which is a project dedicated to Art
produced by Latin American artists. When we speak about Latin America
or the sub-version of modernity and post, we want to refer to the idea
of not only subverting the gaze of the West and its hegemonic
discourses, but also subverting that which can be referred to as an
imposed idea of Art.

Sub-version project includes artists, curators and art theoreticians:
Miguel Rojas, Elena Feder, Gabriela Salgado, Rodolfo Kronfle, Juan
Carlos Pergolis, German Rubiano Caballero, Mercedes Angola, Heliumen
Triana, Silvia Arango, German Mejia, Armando Silva, Ivonne Pini,
Jacquelina Lacasa, Susan Douglas, Andres Corredor, David Lozano.

Evento Digital is a project in colaboration with
Alucine Toronto Latin @ Media Festival.

Information: Julieta Maria     contact at e-fagia.org
                  Arlan Londono   halsap2 at gmail.com

Raul Moarquech Ferrera-Balanquet,MFA