[Reader-list] Self Publishing Site

Jeebesh Bagchi jeebesh at sarai.net
Wed Apr 11 10:33:23 IST 2007

dear all,

Recently a dear friend of mine (umashankar) published a volume of his
poetry (1967 to 1997) in a self publishing site www.lulu.com

He has named his collection "From a Previous Century".
http://www.lulu.com/content/769330

This self-publishing site is incredible in terms of the number of
titles and range of areas. People from various backgrounds have
written full manuscripts and you can read the entire manuscript
online (preview) or download it (at a cost) or buy a print version
(at a higher cost). This print version is made by lulu on demand and
there is a royalty sharing arrangement with the authors.

There are three broad licenses.

In "find me works I can use for commercial purpose" one can find the
title "Agamemnon" by Aeschylus.

Pages after pages of recipe books in works with license "Copy and
distribute"

"Best Computers Ever Customer Guide" can be modified, adapted, or
built upon.

There are also reviews of books and you can rate a book.

have a look.

best
jeebesh