[Reader-list] [Announcements] Announcement: FICA Emerging Artist Award

Parul Vadehra pvadehra at ficart.org
Fri Apr 13 16:38:14 IST 2007

Dear Sir / Madam,

The Foundation for Indian Contemporary Art (FICA) announces the Emerging Artist Award 2007 with an aim to promote two young artists studying/practicing in India who demonstrate extraordinary skill and promise in the visual arts. The artists will be awarded two months residency at New Delhi (Sanskriti, November-December 2007), a cash award of Rs 1 lakh and an exhibition at Vadehra Art Gallery, New Delhi, among other things. We have a very distinguished jury helping us out with the selection. The application form is available at http://www.ficart.org. The deadline for receiving applications for the award is May 31, 2007.

I would appreciate if you would share this information with your subscribers so that they may apply for this award if eligible. I am also attaching herewith, for your reference, the poster announcing the award.

In case you haven't heard about FICA - it opened in January 2007 to support artists and educational activities in the visual arts,benefiting both emerging and established artists,art historians,curators,art critics and other professionals devoted to the study of  contemporary Indian art. With initial support from Vadehra Art Gallery, FICA intends  to eventually become a self sustaining, not-for-profit entity through various fund-raising activities and generous private contributions.

Looking forward to you positive response.

Best regards,

Parul Vadehra

Foundation for Indian Contemporary Art
info at ficart.org
D-178, Okhla Phase-I, New Delhi - 110020
tel: +91-24622545,24615368,55474006
fax: +91-24622017
www.ficart.org