[Reader-list] Thank heavens we lost

Kaustubh Srikanth kaustubh at houndbee.com
Tue Apr 24 16:52:05 IST 2007

There is doubt over the rotation policy continuing beyond the FIFA
2014 World Cup. If it does, the world cup in 2018 should be hosted in
North America according to the policy(US, Canada and Mexico).  -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup

I couldn't find any information online about India being asked to bid
for World Cup 2018, but there seemed to be a mention of India getting
a chance to host one of the smaller FIFA tournaments. -
http://in.sports.yahoo.com/070416/43/6emt2.html

Cheers,
-K

On 4/18/07, Jeebesh Bagchi <jeebesh at sarai.net> wrote:
> Interesting Sepp Blatter, FIFA president has asked India in his CII
> speech to bid for Football World Cup, (2018) saying if they miss this
> round, it will be too late to get the next round....it moves in
> rotation. CII has shown great interest, only the host nation is
> suppose to field a team..and that looks fairly remote.....
>
> On 18-Apr-07, at 3:42 PM, Aman Sethi wrote:
>
> > If the Commonwealth games got us here, what would the Asiad have done?
> > A.
> >

> > New Delhi loses bid
> >

> > Kuwait: New Delhi's bid to host the 2014 Asian Games came unstuck as
> > the Olympic Council Asia awarded the multi-sport event to South Korean
> > city of Incheon on Tuesday.
> >
> > The Games was awarded to Incheon by the 45-member General Assembly of
> > the OCA at the conclusion of its two-day meeting here.
> >
> > New Delhi was bidding to bring back the continental mega event to the
> > Indian soil after a gap of 32 years, having last organised the same in
> > 1982.
> >
> > The Indian capital was also the host for the inaugural edition of the
> > sporting extravaganza, which is second only to the Olympics in terms
> > of number of disciplines, in 1951.
> >
> > Korea will be hosting the Games for a third time, with Seoul and Busan
> > having conducted it in 1986 and 2002 respectively.
> >
> > Big offer
> >

> > Incheon seemed to have clinched the bid with its offer of $20 million
> > for training, equipment and other facilities for the participating
> > nations.
> >
> > In its bid-presentation earlier in the day, the South Korean
> > delegation had also emphasised on the high-tech facilities that will
> > be available to the athletes. — PTI

Kaustubh Srikanth
http://houndbee.com
http://radioverve.com