[Reader-list] God save the nation from the Bachchan wedding

Ashutosh Potdar potdar.ashutosh at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 15:00:54 IST 2007

anuja,

Congrats, very intersting research.
What kind of theatre they were doing in 1930s and 40s? It was recession
period on theatre. Do you have any photographs of those days? Also, what was
economics of those plays? I read few letters of those days written by
artists. If you need for your research, I can make them available. Well, my
grandfather was Varkari and he too was acting in those days. But not like
yours. Mine was part of bhajani mandals. I heard about Mhamulal Sangaonkar,
Chotekhan Sangaonkar from him. I have some documents left of those days. I
think your grandpa could say something about communication between various
natak mandalis in the gandarv period. I read that small dynasts have
motivated many artists, especially theatre artists. In the same way, did
they help film industry? It seems they didn't (I am not sure).
Your post  makes me wait eagerly for next.

ashutosh