[Reader-list] Police stops screening of Jashn-e-Azadi

Amitabh Kumar amitabh at sarai.net
Wed Aug 1 11:55:11 IST 2007

The way I understand it.. 'nationalism and patriotism' are not so
bankrupt a phenomenon so as to be divorced of  'secularism &
liberalism'.
However, the figure of 'we' the 'suffer'ers in your argument is
interesting. Is it geographically bound or otherwise? Whats the
imagination of 'we'?
  Is it 'We' the Indians? Or 'We- The Hindu's"? Or ' We- Who hate all
religions but our own' or 'We- who only hate Muslims and Christians'
or ' We - who hate'  or  ' We-  In a bad mood today'?