[Reader-list] Police firing in Andhra Pradesh

Patrice Riemens patrice at xs4all.nl
Thu Aug 2 12:42:16 IST 2007

Daer Prakash Ray,

It would be difficult for me to participate in this discussion, since I am
a bit far, geographically speaking, from it. But if it can gives you any
kind of satisafction (not really the good word, but OK...), know that the
police firing you refer too has been world news, also in our, fairly
provincial, press.

My only hope would be that police firings in India, which used to be daily
stapple of the newspapers when I was student at DSE, will happen even less
often (and get massive exposure when they do), so as to get in the same
situation as in the 'West', where there incidence would herald the end of
the system as we know it (do not be mistaken, p.f. were not uncommon over
here till after World War II, and in Southern Europe till into the
'70s...).

cheers from Groningen (NL), patrizio & Diiiinooos!