[Reader-list] Police firing in Andhra Pradesh

Taraprakash taraprakash at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 01:18:59 IST 2007

There wasn't much to say on that. Some people are considering it as a family
affair to be sorted out with in the family, there are some who are calling
it as a "friendly fire".
I know what happened here was as bad as Nandi Gram. But the list was
completely silent is not a fact. there were some mails on the issue,
including yours. I am pasting the contents of one of them.

Yet another example of state sponsored terrorism.
But interestingly, may be ironically, Renuka Chaudhary, the MP from Khammam
said the same thing as did CPIM about incidents in Singur and Nandi Gram.
According to her there were Nuxalites present on the site and they were
responsible for the violence.
I don't think the life of 5 6 activists matters to CPIM high command when
some positive action might lead to the loss of power in the center.
all said and done, what happened was really unfortunate and inexcusable.
Reader list may appear to be silent, it is not that CPIM is making much
noise.