[Reader-list] Liberal or Hypocrites by Nishant Dudha

rashneek kher rashneek at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 20:12:51 IST 2007

The urban Indian intellectuals proudly declare themselves as liberals. They
do not stop there, they go a step ahead and claim themselves to be the
reason for the existence of Indian nation state and everything good that
India stands for. Everything that this nation has managed to uphold, despite
naysayer's prediction about us 60 years ago.

 This may be true to some extent, but I wonder how to define this
Indialiberalism, that makes messiahs of monsters. That allows
secessionist venom
to be spewed in the name of "Freedom of Expression" but scoffs at
ultra-nationalism. That loves to label Minority Appeasement as Affirmative
Action but when the recipient of appeasement is Majority, it is quick to
label it as Fundamentalism.

All these questions used to arise in my mind at different points of time,
but what has collated them is the following sequence of events.

Kamla Nehru College authorities allowed RIK to screen a movie "And the world
remained silent" followed by a panel discussion about this alternate
perspective of truth nation refuses to see.

A few days later they revoke the permission assigning the cause as
non-availability of proper facilities. And now we get to know, in the same
time slot and on the same day another movie is being screened at the same
venue.

I can't fathom the reason, the question that arises in my head which
possibly you could help me find an answer to is:

Is Indian intelligentsia Liberal or Hypocrite?

--
Rashneek Kher
http://www.nietzschereborn.blogspot.com