[Reader-list] How someone "well connected" got RIK screening Cancelled

Jeebesh Bagchi jeebesh at sarai.net
Sat Aug 25 21:52:57 IST 2007

On 25-Aug-07, at 8:14 AM, rashneek kher wrote:

> We
> filed a complaint and since Sanjay Kak is breaking the law of the
> land by
> screening a movie which does not have necessary censor certificate,
> the
> Police did the rest.

Did this move satisfy the rage in you?

Can testimonies of suffering justify these kinds of invitation to
policing of our intellectual lives?

Isn't taking recourse to punitive action an ally of our deep fear to
live life with disagreements?

If police is brought in to intervene, will there be people left to
argue with and convince?

best
jeebesh