[Reader-list] How someone "well connected" got RIK screening Cancelled

rashneek kher rashneek at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 15:49:13 IST 2007

Dear Aman,

Please go through the following blog link (
http://kashmiris-in-exile.blogspot.com).  As you read various posts you will
yourself connect the sequence of events.For your convenience I am listing
events alongside their dates here.
1.Post on Agrasen Collge dtd Aug,19,07(Sunday)..the last line reads
*"Hope to see you this Friday ie 24th Aug at Kamla Nehru College at 2.30PM."
*
We obviously had permission thats why we wrote it.
2.Post on Screening being refused by College authorities..dtd
Aug,21,07(Tuesday)
3.Post by Nishant titled"Liberals or Hypocrites" wherein he very clearly
without mentioning names says
 *A few days later they revoke the permission assigning the cause as
non-availability of proper facilities. And now we get to know, in the same
time slot and on the same day another movie is being screened at the same
venue.*
4.Post on Saturday,ie 24th Aug,07.
wherein we wrote the post on which you have raised questions.

If it is a coincidence that Kak's movie replaced our screening on the same
slot,same time,same day..it is a great coincidence which through your
journalistic insights you can help us understand.
I have stated events as they happened.
If you still have reasons to disagree/not trust  I will go back to my Wali(
i hope you know who a wali is) Asadullah Ghalib ..who for such occassions
has said

Ya rub na woh samjhe the..na samjhenge meri baat
De aur dil to unko..jo na de mujhe zubaan aur

May God be with you

Rashneek

On 8/27/07, Aman Sethi <aman.am at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Kshmendra,
>
> I have no qualms with Rashneek, Nishant Dudha, or even you, writing
> what ever you please about what ever you please.  However, there is no
> way of verifying Rashneek's sequence of events - or to be more blunt -
> to verify if the author of the report is simply lying.
>
> Further, to then congratulate the said author for brilliant
> "investigative work" seems a trifle premature.  Further, to use a open
> medium like this list to cast aspersions on someone's motives -
> without once more, providing anything other than a series of
> conjectures- is irresponsible.
>
> Thank you suggesting a journalistic method by which to prove rashneek/
> nishant's reportage - however, the onus is not on me as a reader to
> verify the authenticity of a report.  The onus on reporter to convince
> me of the truth of his claim.  In this case Rashneek/ nishant have not
> succeeded in doing so.
>
> At present, the information put out by Rashneek sounds like a spoilt
> 10 year old complaining to his school teacher. Which could explain why
> it is so hard to take him seriously.
>
> I would urge you to read, write, and inform as many as you can,
> especially since you seem to be such an articulate and intelligent
> person.  However, as a professional "word howler" hyena" i would
> suggest that you do a spot of homework before you sit down at your
> computer. Otherwise we "scavenging hyenas" might be reduced to
> laughing hyenas.
>
> Best, as always,
> Aman
>
> On 8/26/07, Kshmendra Kaul <kshmendra2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Aman
> >
> > For a "journalist" you are quite vague. Is that by design or is it a
> > compulsion arising out of your not having anything concrete to say?
> >
> > What is the "he said, she said" in Rashneek's 'report' (Nishant Dudha's
> > rather)?
> >
> > Rashneek seems to have narrated a sequence of events and stated
> questions
> > arising from them. What is it that you find objectionable?
> >
> > Rashneek is not a journalist (are you Rashneek?). He has spoken with
> passion
> > about his pain. Yet, he has managed to present rationally his
> experience.
> > "Rashneek's report"  did not even state his conclusion. He put it up as
> > question to be answered "Is Indian intelligentsia Liberal or
> Hypocrite?".
> >
> > You Aman, since you have thrust your "journalist" tag in our faces
> should
> > have 'investigated' and presented your reporting of 'what exactly
> happened'.
> > If you did that and if you carried no preconcieved notions and biases,
> you
> > Aman would have ended up with a lot of "he saids" and "she saids". That
> > would be journalism.
> >
> > Aman your derision " It is indeed tragic that he expects to be taken
> [...]

Rashneek Kher
http://www.nietzschereborn.blogspot.com