[Reader-list] Attack on Sanjay Kak's film!

Ranjani Mazumdar ranjani.jnu at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 12:32:26 IST 2007

Dear Sanjay and Shuddha,

If most of us have been keeping quiet on the list its because we find it
dfficult to take the attacks on the two of you seriously. Isn't it
abundantly clear that some people are out to make personal attacks and
create trouble and not engage in any dialogue? Who in their right minds
would want to set cops on a filmmaker because they disagree with his views?
Of course, we have no way of knowing whether they have actually done that or
they're just flexing their manly muscles but whatever the case, they are a
bunch of bores! No matter what you say and what evidence you produce they
are going to continue to attack you in rather predictable and unimaginative
ways so please ignore them. Fearless listening is important but in some
situations, as in this one, refusing to listen is a bloody good idea.
Sanjay, I look forward to seeing your film. If it has riled so many people
into a frenzy, its certainly worth a watch!

Cheers,
Ranjani