[Reader-list] [Announcements] land grab online art project

Mitoo Das mitoo at sarai.net
Wed Aug 29 09:04:12 IST 2007

Hi,
Sending you a mail that came on Dak.
Hope it will be announced.
Mitoo.

Dear Sarai,

I am a Danish New York-based curator currently organizing the project
LAND GRAB, which addresses artists' claiming of space/land. Among other
events, we have created landgrabonline.org in collaboration with
Wooloo.org where artists can submit related projects. I thought the
project might be of interest to your community. I have included the call
for proposals below. Feel free to post or circulate. Let me know if you
have any questions.

All best,

Sarah

WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO CLAIM A PIECE OF LAND TODAY?

The exhibition project LAND GRAB ONLINE seeks to display artworks that
explicitly address the naming and claiming of space.

Artists are encouraged to send in submissions including - but not
limited to - issues of land ownership, real estate acquisitions,
squatting on private or public property, citizenship and colonialism.
The projects included need not occupy actual space.

LAND GRAB ONLINE is the virtual counterpart to LAND GRAB - an exhibition
to take place at the renowned art institution APEXART in New York City
(Nov. 7 - Dec. 22, 2007).

A planned LAND GRAB publication will include selections from both LAND
GRAB and LAND GRAB ONLINE.

LAND GRAB is a project instigated by the curators Lillian Fellmann and
Sarah Lookofsky.

To participate in the project, please go to landgrabonline.org.

The application deadline is September 15th, 2007 (it is possible that it
might be extended a week). (Midnight/Pacific Standard Time.)