[Reader-list] [Announcements] Shreds and Patches - A Solo Shakespearean Performance

Logos Theatre logos.theword at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 01:00:34 IST 2007

A narrator who readers letters from nowhere...  voices that speak from
everywhere and everywhen... stories from other times, other places...
stories that lie deep inside us.

do we not have eyes?... what light?... once more, once more... that
undiscovered country... to whom should I complain?... stretched metre of an
antique song... let be

Logos Theatre
(In association with easy library)
presents

*Shreds and Patches*
A solo theatre performance
by Arka Mukhopadhyay

Based on the plays and sonnets of William Shakespeare.

A monologue on our lives and times

On: Friday, December 14th, 6:30 PM

At: Easy Library, 972 H, 1st A Main, ST Bed Layout, 4th Block, Koramangala

(near Maharaja Restaurant)

(Phone: 41102231,25501499)

The event is non-ticketed, but prior registration is required

The duration of the performance is one hour

This performance tries to look at Shakespeare from the viewpoint of the
storytellers of old, communicating the tales through voice, space,
physicality and the imagination. Yet it is also a tale of our days – of our
darkness and our quest to find meaning. Using fragments from Shakespeare, it
looks at our identity, at memory and loss, at love and redemption
First performed in April for Shakespeare's birth and death anniversary, the
play has since been performed in Pune and Hyderabad.

--
Logos Theatre
          In the beginning was the word